INSTRUCTIONS FOR E-POSTERS
During the Twelfth WIOMSA Scientific Symposium, presentations of accepted posters will be available online for viewing as E-Posters. . Electronic Posters or E-Posters are similar to traditional paper posters but displayed on-site on multiple large LCD television screens in the E-Poster area. For this symposium, there will be no need for printing or production of posters as all the posters will be available for viewing electronically. Please note the screens will be landscape orientation.
While E-Posters platforms will be available throughout the symposium, specific days and time for poster viewing have been set aside on Monday 10th October 2002; 11th October 2022 and 13th October 2022 from 1400HRS-1600 HRS. During these times, poster viewing will be done thematically, with several themes being presented each day. All poster presenters whose themes are being showcased should be present by their poster on their day. Poster presenters are encouraged to stand by their E-Poster screens during breaks in order to present their E- posters.
E-Posters platforms will allow users to browse by topics, search for specific content and submit comments. Viewers can email a copy of the poster to themselves. They can also leave comments on specific posters.
|10 October 2022||
|11 October 2022||
|13 October 2022||
Technical specifications for E-Poster preparation
E-Posters should be prepared according to the following technical requirements:
▪ Language: E-Posters should be prepared in English.
▪ File Format: PDF file – 1 page is recommended. Other formats are not permitted. Posters attached to an email cannot be processed.
▪ Orientation: Please create your document in PowerPoint in landscape layout 16×9 and save it as a PDF file. Please note the screens will be landscape orientation.
▪ Font types: Arial, Calibri, Verdana Times New Roman or Helvetica
▪ Font size: 11 points or larger
▪ Hyperlinks, animated images, animations and embedded videos are not permitted
▪ QR Codes may be included
▪ Images and tables: All graphics, i.e. photographs, graphs and charts, must be compressed to ensure that the file is not too large. All photographs should be high quality and high definition, at least 200 dpi. When inserting images, photos, tables, etc., use copy-paste. Do not use embedded documents.
▪ Avoid overlapping objects and layers. Only the final view/status will be visible
▪ When saving your PDF please do not use symbols or special characters (ie. +/@/ü) in the file name
▪ File size: Less than 5 MB
Creation and submission of E-Poster
When your poster has been successfully submitted, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
Please note that by uploading your E-Poster, you agree to have it published in the official Symposium publications and on the Symposium website and virtual platform for 3 months following the 12th WIOMSA Scientific Symposium.
It is recommended that E-Posters be prepared using the provided template, which already has the right dimensions and recommended font sizes. The templates only need to be exported as a PDF.
E-Posters should be uploaded through this link, Upload Poster until 8 October 2022.
*Only registered participants posters will be presented at the 12th WIOMSA Scientific Symposium